If you are one of the many people living a keto lifestyle, then you know that sometimes it can be tough to find a satisfying snack that won't bust your macro budget. Furthermore, purchasing pre-made or processed keto-friendly snack items can be expensive and inaccessible in many regions.
Feeling snacky? Try these five filling and keto-friendly treats:
1. Flavored k-cups. Sometimes a hot cup of coffee or decaf can hit the spot and may even satisfy a sweet tooth when you buy flavored k-cups of coffee pods. Use flavored stevia drops to sweeten and a dollop of heavy cream for a coffee drink that is the perfect treat when you are feeling like a snack. Visit establishments like 11th Street Coffee to get some k-cup coffee pods of your own.
2. Gelatin and cream. Another food that won't interfere with your carb macros is sugar-free gelatin with heavy cream. Prepare the gelatin according to the package directions, and when it has chilled and set, drizzle a couple tablespoons of heavy cream over the top. Don't add fruit, however, as this can significantly increase your net carbs.
3. Microwave cheese crisps. One of the things that a lot of people miss on a keto diet is crackers or chips. Make your own salty and savory snack with natural cheddar cheese, crisped-up in the microwave. Simply cut sliced cheese into cracker-sized squares and lay on a plate covered with parchment paper; microwave for one to two minutes and let rest for a couple minutes before serving.
4. Easy ice cream. Make your own keto-friendly ice cream with heavy whipping cream and flavored stevia or erythritol sweetener. Place both in a mason jar and shake vigorously before placing in the freezer. Remove every 20 to 30 minutes to shake and serve when set.
5. Crispy pepperoni slices. Another satisfying snack is to layer pepperoni slices on parchment and microwave for about 90 seconds until crisp. Remove carefully as the crisps will be brittle and hot. Serve these to non-keto friends and family; they are delicious!
It almost makes sense to read labels or scan the foods that you are planning to eat to ensure you know the macros on these items. Size and brands vary, which can significantly impact the amount of net carbs found.
Always discuss a lifestyle change such as the keto diet to your health care provider first. If you do follow a low-carb diet, try these five satisfying snacks that are both keto-friendly and delicious. These five simple suggestions are easy to prepare and inexpensive to enjoy!Share